Frequently Asked Questions

Ans: The main ingredient in our products is Molecular Iodine. It has undergone rigorous testing by independent laboratories and universities. It is recognized internationally for its superior efficacy. Clinical studies have been performed validating the effectiveness of ioRinse. A pilot clinical study was conducted by a board-certified Periodontist. In that study, ioRinse was found to be very effective and superior to the leading, existing product. In a second clinical study, conducted by a leading, independent, research organization, the results were overwhelmingly favorable, as well.

Ans: All of the ingredients in ioRinse are recognized as safe by FDA. Furthermore, our main active is molecular iodine, which is an essential nutrient. It is required by our bodies for optimal health.

Ans: Yes. Shellfish allergy is not due to the iodine content but rather to a protein in shellfish unrelated to iodine.

Ans: During imaging procedures, a large volume of contrast media is injected directly into the bloodstream. That can shock the system. Contrast media also contains other ingredients not present in our mouth rinse. Since ioRinse is not intended for ingestion and because only a very small percentage of the population have a true iodine allergy, a reaction to iodine contrast media does not necessarily mean that someone will be sensitive to ioRinse.

Ans: 6 years of age.

Ans: Iodide is a salt of iodine which is used to treat iodine deficiency and protect from radiation poisoning. Molecular iodine, the main active in ioRinse accounts for the far superior performance of ioRinse, compared to iodide.

Ans: Twice daily, morning and night, unless instructed otherwise by your dentist.

Ans: Once daily, unless instructed otherwise by your dentist.

Ans: There is no evidence in the published literature that iodine promotes resistance development that other agents cause. So this is not a common concern with ioRinse.

Ans: ioRinse begins working immediately and its effect can be noticed within a few days of use.

Ans: Iodide salts are actively transported into the thyroid, where they accumulate. Molecular iodine does not preferentially build up in the thyroid gland and excess is excreted in the urine. Also, ioRinse is not for ingestion, so thyroid toxicity is not a concern with ioRinse use.

Ans: It does not stain and it has a pleasant flavor. There is no iodine taste.

Ans: ioRinse is only available from professional dental offices and from this website. It is not sold in stores.

Load More

Back to Top